Saturday, February 4, 2012

Loading up the Car

Since I was gone last weekend, nothing got done. Here is my new goal for this week: I want to get rid of a full car load worth of stuff. Here's what I cleaned out today:





  • Two trash bags of actual trash
  • Three paper bags filled with paper for the wood stove
  • Two boxes filled with literally just other collapsed cardboard boxes. 
  • My first TV and VCR/ DVD Player 
  • A printer/ scanner/ photocopier that I haven't used in years
  • A trash bag filled with clothes I haven't worn in a while and  my brother's old clothes that came out of the dresser I am currently using. (If you really want to hold on to that  1994 World Cup t-shirt Nate, speak up now)
  • A box of books to take to school
  • A box of kitchen and dinning room stuff for the swap table at the landfill.
  • Some low quality and mid- quality rugs
  • Whatever you would classify that mirror thing with hooks as.
Isn't it convenient that just as I was  lamenting that I was past the point of having large quantities of stuff to get rid of, I all the sudden have two extra rooms worth of crap that can be thrown out? Just when you thought you knew where this was going, I throw you a curve ball. JJ Abrams has nothing on me.

I've decided to try my luck at selling some of the bigger ticket items online before I just give them away for free- even though I'm pretty sure that in the end I'll be "compensated" by having someone else take them off my hands.



*Update: 2/5/2012: This is my carload of stuff. All the "big" stuff (TV, VCR/DVD player, printer, etc) is still in my room. I'll keep it for a week to see what, if anything, I can get for them. So far, my best offer is two beers at Penuche's in Keene. Depending on when you go, that equals out to somewhere between $1.50 and $4.  Also, I really need to wash my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment