Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Rest of Today/ A Peek Inside My Noggin

I did more sorting today than cleaning, meaning I filled a half a trash bag of stuff to throw out and a box of things to donate, but made minimal progress in the hour and a half I spent in my room. Other items of interest today include:


Another Stack of Books

As you can see, I am starting in on Film Study text books (one of 3 or 4 unfinished minors I had in college), more "inspirational teacher books"- which I have grown to dislike almost as much as I do "inspirational teacher movies", more English Lit text books, and more novels I have never read.

A Wind Chime
 
I love elephants, and this one used to belong to my grandfather. Still, awful hard to hang it on your porch when you don't live in your own house.

Some Shoes

I find heels to be so pretty, yet so painful. The fact that I have wide feet doesn't help the comfort level much. 

Whatever This Thing Is

My fiance went to Japan a few years ago and brought this back for me. While I do remember what he told me it was for, I'll let you try to figure it out on your own.
 
This little monkey was one of the harder things for me to part with today, not because I had an emotional attachment to it specifically, but because it was a gift from someone else. I had a similar experience when I found a geode on my book shelf last week. It was an 18th birthday gift from a friend and had a beautiful note from her telling me how much she valued our friendship and that she had the other half.
It was so sweet that I sent her a Facebook message telling her what I had found. I expected that she would barely remember it, if at all. Do you know what she actually said? "I still have mine! It is in my bedroom!"(Note that this girl has probably moved more thank I have in the past 11 years, and this rock has apparently traveled with her). I then took said geode out of the "chuck it" pile and put it back on a different shelf. This is the next big hurtle to overcome. When I ditch the things other people gave me as gifts, I feel like it means I'm not holding up my end of the bargain: that it means I don't really value our friendship.
Remember how I said that I multiple unfinished minors in college? Did I mention that psych may have been one of the ones I was toying with?


1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a monkey version of one of those before.

    ReplyDelete