Saturday, October 29, 2011

Awwwwwwww....


After all my "tough talk" earlier tonight about the easy with which I was throwing out toys, this made me come to a stop.

Family friends of my parents gave this to me when I was born. I remember winding it up and playing it over and over and over again when I was little, especially at bedtime.  It sounded exactly like this:



The music box on the bottom has been broken for years. After being wound up, it just rushes through every note. Probably a spring missing somewhere...  Every other part of this is broken as well. Nothing is attached anymore. Both the figures and the plate they are sitting on where placed on the base for this photo.  Everything shows evidence of being glued together multiple times. The base itself has a large crack running down the middle. It was clearly split in two at one point, but I can't remember when. At any rate, it's a great piece, but its time has come and gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment