Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cassette Tapes

There are two clear markers of exceptional music taste; early 90's soundtracks and being in middle school. I was quite the sophisticated connoisseur.

I recently acquired a "new to me" car that comes fully equipped  with a cassette player. What a wonderful coincidence that I just rediscovered all my old tapes! I grabbed a couple out of the box from yesterday's post and threw them in the car; specifically the soundtracks to Empire Records and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. I own both of these movies on VHS (somewhere), and almost warped the tapes from constantly rewinding and replaying the closing sequences to listen to the music that accompanied them. Once I bought the albums themselves, I was freed from the confines of listening in our family living room. I could jam out anywhere. I had a Walkman, after all.

Here's a little taste of what I have been listening to in my car this week:

 
(I would have put the album version up, but some of the altered lyrics are not fit for general consumption- or probably for me when I was an 8th grader....)




 
I can only imagine how much head scratching occurs when one has never seen any of the Bill and Ted saga.




No comments:

Post a Comment