Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nothing to see here.

I went home this past weekend for the first time in two months. Given that I now live 400 miles away in Virginia, maintaining a blog about cleaning the room I grew up in is nearly impossible. I had such grandiose ideas about doing a mega cleaning that would give me some material to work with over the next couple weeks. I forgot to factor in that I was doing about a million other things this weekend. In reality, I think I had about two weeks worth of activities planned for myself. After about an hour and a half. this is what I came up with. I'll be honest, when posting pictures, I had to really look at them to remember which was the before and which was the after.


All those boxes on the bed are filled with old papers that can be burned or brought to the recycling center next time I am home. There just wasn't the time this trip. That blue bin and its contents are now down here with me, and that sweet pair of Heelys is, thankfully, staying put (I see you doing the math and realizing there's no way those were around when I was a kid. Yes, being 25 and showing up at the shoe store for a pair of roller skate sneakers is exactly the type of ridiculous experience you would think it would be).

I did feel accomplished when I came across this necklace. It belongs to my friend Todd and got packed up with my stuff when I left camp a few years ago. It has a degree of sentimental value for him and he'd ask about it periodically. I didn't want to tell him as time went on that I was becoming more and more sure it was lost forever. That is, until I was cleaning out a paper bag full of shoes and there it was at the bottom. Yup. I keep my shoes in a paper bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment